Hasse, Margaret E
Full Name: Margaret Helen Hassé (note the accent on the “e”)
- Born: Jul-Sep 1887 in Heckmonwyke, Yorkshre
- Father was a Moravian Minister, Louie St. Aubin Hassé.
- Father retired to Ockbrook Moravian Settlement with his Sarah Louise, his wife and daughter Margaret in November 1912.
- Was employed as a music teacher.
- Became a Red Cross VAD (Voluntary Aid Detachment) nurse at the Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital, Ockbrook in 1914.
- Her brother Edwin Ridgley Hassé was killed near Ypres, Belgium in July 1916.
- Transferred to Royal Victoria Hospital, Netley (near Southampton) in October, 1917.
- Died of influenza in October, 1918, aged 30 years
- Buried at the Ockbrook Moravian Burial Ground with full military honours.
- Her father died in December 1919.
- The family presented with Next-of-Kin Memorial Plaque
- Commemorated on the Women’s War Memorial, York Minster