Hasse, Margaret E
Full Name: Margaret Helen Hassé (note the accent on the “e”)
- Born: Jul-Sep 1887 in Heckmonwyke, Yorkshre
- Father was a Moravian Minister, Louie St. Aubin Hassé
- Was employed as a music teacher.
- Became a Red Cross VAD (Voluntary Aid Detachment) nurse in Ockbrook in 1914. Transferred to Royal Victoria Hospital, Netley (near Southampton) in October, 1917.
- Died of influenza in October, 1918, aged 30 years
- Buried at the Ockbrook Moravian Burial Ground.
- Commemorated on the Women’s War Memorial, York Minster